Question 1. How many state rounds would you prefer?
The resounding response was for 6 rounds with 135 people choosing this option.
5 rounds received 55, 4 rounds received 53 and 3 rounds received just 15.
I believe this result speaks for itself.
Question 2. What classes would your like to see in Snr’s?
People could select more than one of the options
Mx1 received 201
Mx2 received 201
Women received 167
Vets/Masters received 172
MxD received 122
Quads received 52
The interpretation of this is that part of our current formula is working. Unfortunately, when you pair up with some of the comments…quads are not looked upon favourably and there is call for them running their own series.
Question 3. What support classes would you like in Seniors?
People could select more than one option.
2 stroke cup received 141
Clubman received 118Junior Lites received 95
Other received 16 – suggestions of snr 125 class, vmx class, post classic class, also various junior classes.
Question 4. What would you like to see in Jnr championships?
Leave as is received 141
Combine jnr girls into normal rounds received 89
Others received 16 but no suggestions put forward other than No Quads.
We also asked for further constructive comments. Out of all the people that participated in the survey only 77 people left further comments.
Below is a copy of all the comments but a general overview is that people are saying Quads should have a stand-alone series and not be included in the 2 Wheel Series.
Definite call for return of the clubman classes and graded racing in seniors – as per comments.
Also gave us a view of some things that are concerning some Juniors with Bike compliancy to the allowable modification and what is, being done to some bikes.
Also indicated that people still do not understand that WAMX has no control over memberships, clubs and Licensing, round selection or Championship Regulations.
- Would like to see racing go back to the old classes ‘where it was fair and riders had a goal to go from clubman to inter then pro.
- State rounds on a Saturday for juniors is painful as they miss a day from school.
- Some more vet friendly tracks
- Sorry but no quads. I would also like to see all the people that whinge and complain all year put their hand up and help out and get involved instead of bagging the events.
- Have an C grade / Amateur class for full 6 roundsRun a couple of rounds over 2 days
- Hey guys, I really think a mx D class would be a good idea. and definitely a 2 Stroke cup support class as everyone loves 2 strokes
- Helmet cam rule needs to be scrapped holds back development of riders
- Cheaper memberships
- Make top 10 seeded riders in mx1 and mx2 be able to use the number they finished if they are racing that same class again! Looks much better with single digit numbers out racing
- Bring back grading. Once you place an overall 1st, 2nd or 3rd position in an amature cup series, (not round) you must then race mx1/mx2 the next year.
- Split the Pro classes and Clubman, most clubbies are intimidated by the Pro’s.
- re-assess the rules on what is allowed to be changed/added/done to the bike in the 85cc class. if i was a new parent watching that race i woudnt even bother to enter my child. the front bikes are clearly modified. numbers are low but maybe add a stock 85cc class and get more kids involved. this class is a waste as only those with money can stand a chance.
- If you run a double header weekend either combine junior and senior racing over the 2 days or give junior riders and pit crew free entry to the senior racing on the Sunday.
- Not sure if feasible however as numbers within the Vets class are consistently down at state rounds although thriving at MA club runs & non MA Club’s. As only the top 6 from each class (Guys in the money) care about results there is a requirement to encourage vets with participation by way of a Rec licence to fill gates up, this generally means more family members spectating leading to increased crowds / better spectical. Please do not see this as disrespectful however if you check the vets video on the BSA site 2/09/18 I was involved with a full grid of 40 today, if our sport is seeking to increase its profile we may need to embrace such changes. Thanks
- I like the MX1 and MX2 format, self scrutineering and that wanneroo junior was part of the 2018 senior series (a new track to the rounds was great fun). Finishing by 2-3pm has also been a big positive, I think more riders will come back if they know they aren’t going to be at the track until dark. Having 5 classes per round is a good number and the day moves well. The quads really changed the track at byford, which was really disappointing. Maybe in future it could be considered they have some stand alone events and only do the sand state rounds.
- If possible, probably in the distant future, try to have multiple classes of senior quads as it’s always the same pros that dominate. Even if it’s run together but scored seperately
- More promotion of the events to get spectator numbers up
- More support for the quads
- Open pits as we are all set up to pit from van
- Piss the quads off
- Masters should be over 50 years old
- We need to band together and build something to help showcase our MX athletes to the general public and become more mainstream by educating those who don’t get our sport.
- In order to keep riders and bikes in the sport for longer a Post Classic class would encourage riders to re enter the sport on bikes not ridden for years following kids, house, marriage ect.
- Cut race time back so spectators can see closer racing. Have three quick sprint races then points added together to get over all points for that race.
- Double headers hav been great should make them all like that & would rather 2 15min races than 3 short ones in the jnrs
- Consolidate the championship. It drags out too long over the year.
- When making a decision on the number of rounds. Please take into account the financial investment by the teams, sponsors are unlikely spending money on a 3 round series, and there no longer being opens, there is only club runs left
- No more senior state rounds at junior tracks
- Need to work on better organisation for the yearly race calender so avoid clashes of events, Need to try and build back fun open race events (perhaps one on the easter weekend to get the year going rather than a state round so early on)
- Would love to see vets run more hard pack than sand tracks
- Would prefer quads race there own events if possible. Different venues. 2 day state rds 2x races each day for a super round where more points are available.
- Keep up the good work, no one knows the shit you all go through.
- Quade state champs Junior and senior should have there own event. Track can be prepped to suit them
- Include variety of south west tracks
- I think there should be 4 state rounds, 2 in the city and 2 in the country, each year. Six is too many, the numbers drop off at the last two and it’s just getting unaffordable these days. I have been talking to a lot of people during the year about this and most feel the same way. Regards, Len Butler, MMCC.
- Add the amateur cup for all rounds
- A specific location for ALL teams to pit out side of the general rider pit area. A more flexible availability for this option to enter the specific area for the allowance to set up team set ups in the same location (with or with out trucks/ vans). This would definitely be a big step forward, raising the professionalism and over all look and image on the WA motocross community and be a bit more rewarding for the people running these teams to be able to be seperated from the individual riders but equally be able to display their team set ups together in their own area. Especially at these big events here in WA like the state titles. Making the process a more inviting/ easier option for people to look up to might lead to a bigger and better future with the level of effort people put into the sport over here.
- Seniors on Saturdays and juniors on sundays on double header weekends
- There needs to be more growth options for junior girls
- Have double headers more often like the 2018 season
- I would like to see the state round closer together. Trying to have a smaller time frame for “race season”. where people are having to outlay more money the longer the season is dragged out. I feel if it started Normal time but ended in early August. It would keep people fresh and keen. Instead of waiting for a long time for race days. Plus more maintenance on the bikes and effort to train for extended periods. That’s what I’d like to see after racing the series for 12 years. But very appreciative for what every one dose to keep motocross going in WA. Just my veiw.
- Prize money More videography for juniors Longer practice session
- 2 rounds of racing with longer distance. Drop the sprint. 3-4 state rounds will draw more entries and spectators and interest Feature races at each round 2T cup, jnr open shootout, 50cc feature race to show the adults of the young kids coming through. “Double headers” every round will open opportunities to clubs to 2 day events and bring back the king of cross and golden wheel as the calendar will be free especially if only 3 rounds of double headers instead of 12 weekends of the year being filledmof state rounds only 3-4…. Common sense.
- State Round host club to gain greater support. Governing body officials to BYO flag marshals for Jnr & senior & all track/race officials at no expense which will leave clubs to manage other hosting roles such as canteen, camping/accommodation, track prep, site logistics. Small clubs struggle with man/women power to fill positions for club days let alone for state rounds and tend not to host for that reason. Cheaper state round entry for riders outside Perth metro radius. May encourage more regional riders to travel.
- Have 8 rounds, and start grading people who should be A grade,
- be good to change the day to Qualifying and 2x motos, 20mins or longer, to make the day go faster and easier for bike prep before each race. the races should be closer together to help keep bikes and riders fresh, i have found that after round 3 alot of riders are pulling out due to the large gaps and having to stay fit and prepped for months over the state round season. they lose interest and by the 5th 6th rnd the classes are half full. (big gaps between rounds means that we are putting alot more hours on our bikes training to stay fit and fast which ends up costing alot in maintenance and fuel).
- I would prefer qualifying with two rounds of racing, make the motos two 20mins or longer, this will make the day go faster so people can get home and get ready for work. It also means less work that the faggys need to do. I would like to see the state rounds a lot closer together and not so spread out over the year. This keeps the bike fresher and everyone a lot keen.
- Please finish the events earlier in the season so riders can have ample time to prepare for Junior Nationals and dont co-incide with National Rounds (junior or senior and supercross events) Keep up the double headers
- Support your clubmen as they are your bread and butter.They come to each event and make up your numbers. Stop treating them like shit and your veteran as well or you are only going to have your top five riders turn up,boring just like the quads.quads destroy the track,piss them off.
- Still have the 6 rounds but make the season shorter over like 4 months will save us a lot of money not having to ride and train for the majority of the year. And less chance of burning out with work, might keep other racers who arnt as serious more motivated to do all the rounds.. Also a arena x state championship at the end of the year maybe 4 rounds would be mint
- Quads should have their own event. The numbers are always low for them and they destroy the track for the 2 wheelers so it doesnt form up properly. Also condense the time period for the state titles to help aleviate costs associated with maintaining a good condition race bike. All the rounds over 2 months max would be awesome. Another point is going to 2x 20-25 min motos instead of the 3. Setting up for each moto takes alot of time and the days would surely progress alot faster and make it more viable for more people to attend
- State rounds have become as good as most club days. Open events have a better atmosphere an more relaxed. Having so many state championship rounds isnt a true relection of our state champs, just means the people that can afford to do all of them, or travel to them all will see there kids up the top. 9 classes is too many, may aswell get rid of the sprint races in moto two and have two longer motos. The commentary of junior events is poor, at least Nikki use to show a bit more excitement, would run the the whole riders list an not just focus on the same riders up front. Current commentary is boring, doesnt do anything for juniors. Double headers are also good, however the fact the senior trucks getting priority over decent pit spots is rubbish. How bout a few more country rounds, when I say country something that is a bit further than 2 hours from Perth.
- The price is to expensive
- Would be best to see A, B and C grades back as it used to be, the numbers have dropped 10fold since the change and it’s dissapointing to see
- If possible bring the rounds closer together. Like 2 in a row 1 week off 2 in a row 2 weeks off then last 2 rounds. So people can commit to 2 to 3 months for the series without it been dragged over 6 months. Then rest of the year can have more open or club days
- No more quads. Let them have their own series No one wants them there.
- Trophies for all placing . Even though there not the top ten they have tried just as hard all championship as the top 3 or top 10 and deserve recognition just as much as the others.
- No quads
- Not to have a gap in the middle of the season with no racing. This season was longer but more drawn out
- Every championship class should do side laps before every moto. Because of the new layout for the rounds we have plenty of extra time and the riders would very much appreciate it.
- Sight laps for Mx1, Mx2, and girls championship classes. Super pole for top 5 qualifiers in Mx1 with a bonus 5-4-3-2-1 points system. Prize money down to 15th per round
- Make series entry cheaper than entering all 6 rounds individually
- I think we should have a no less than 6 state rounds, I also thinks that if a rider is to do a series entry the should receive some benefit (series entry= pay for five rounds and receive the 6th round free)
- Bring the 6 rounds into a 3 month bracket
- I feel that a lot more parents would put there kids up into the division 2 50cc autos as soon as they turned 7 if they were maybe a little more leaniant with the 7-9 year old children some of the over the top protocols should maybe be less strict on these little kids expecting these children to have no assistance is ridiculous.
- Lower prices, or time to pay off through out the year
- At the junior rounds Quads need to be taken out of the championship.
- Reward top 3 B graders in the MX1 and MX2 classes at end of the season
- Have more rounds 8 rounds would be mint
- Bring back Clubman classes
- Don’t race senior events at junior tracks
- Run the series over 3 months, not 6 months. A lot of hard work keeping fit to wait so long between each round. Look at nationals set up!
- Need to seperate grade classes again most my mates don’t wanna race as Mx 1 is full of pros, yea fair enough having amateur cup but still have b graders having to race with pros
- Longer races Graded racing as per other states No quads